This recipe is a from Sateesh Sayana, Head chef at Ruchii restaurant. A vegetarian dish with Paneer, bell peppers in a masala sauce.
1. Paneer (cottage cheese) cubes - 250 grams
2. Peppers x 3 (diff colours) – diced
3. Onion x medium-sized x diced
4. Onions x 2 large-sized - pureed
5. Tomatoes x 3 large-sized - pureed
6. Ginger-garlic paste x 2 teaspoons
7. Red chilli powder x 1 tsp
8. Coriander powder x 1 tsp
9. Turmeric powder x 1 /4 tsp
10. Garam masala X 1 tsp
11. Ghee x 2 tsp (Clarified Butter)
12. Salt to taste
13. Bay leaf x 2 14. Cloves x 3 1
5. Cinnamon x 1 inch stick
16. Ginger slivers x few
Step 1: Heat ghee in a Kadai/Balti (pan) and saute the cottage cheese cubes till golden brown. Move these into bowl of warm water.
Step 2: Now saute pepper dices, onion dices in ghee and remove them for Step 6.
Step 3: In the same pan add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, onion paste and ginger-garlic paste. Saute them until lightly golden.
Step 4: Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and little water. Mix well and cover, bring the mixture to boil. Add tomato puree and mix again.
Step 5: Cover and cook for 5 minutes till oil surfaces up.
Step 6: Finally, add salt and drained cottage cheese cubes. Garnish with sautéed pepper dices, onion dices and ginger slivers.